Feb 22, 2009

PROJECTS ON THE COURSE...AND OTHERS TO BE FINISHED...

As we prepare ourselves for the permaculture course at the end of March, we keep ourselves busy with some buidings we have planned...
The "prayer shelter" which I started to rebuild in the middle of January...
here's how I found it...the strong wind blew off the plastic cover...

So I "destroyed" what remained, in order to build it again...

New season began !!!

And I got my hands to work...that's all I've been focusing on this last month...

And on my knees when required...

Almost done...it's getting nice !!!



On top of this roof structure I'll lay a sheet of sackcloth and on top of it a plastic to stop the rain to come in...On top of the plastic we'll put dirt, which will be taken from the floor inside...and in the soil, seeds :-)...that's what it's called a "green roof" :-)... Inside I'll leave a corner with the soil as it is, and the rest will be a wooden floor with pallets... the walls will be of stone and clay and one of them will have a window... these are the ideas now, then we'll see how it goes :-)

This has been a prayerful, meditative work...as I have no proper plans, I had to go slow...choosing every pole that would fit on the best place...cleaning them from any pointy lumps...tying every junction with rope, hammering, etc...and contemplating the work of my hands...it is during this times of contemplation, that ideas for the next step arise :-)... and so it goes !!!

meanwhile, the others have been busy finishing our "treasure Island", or "useful junk" shed... we have lots of things laying around (as you can see), and other stuff that people leave here, so we really need a place like this to keep it all in one place for when it's needed...

So, that's what we're doing at the moment... but many other projects we have still to finish... like the washing dishes place and the grey water system, my "hobbit" house (in which I wanna be particularly focused before the summer arrives), a new dry toilet room, the water system for the summer... anyway, we still have so many things to do...but step by step... we don't want to get overwhelmed with that... :-)

ANYWAY, IF YOU'D LIKE TO COME AND PARTICIPATE IN ALL THIS, WHETHER BY HELPING WITH YOUR HANDS, OR SEND SOME DONATIONS TO HELP WITH THE COSTS, THAT WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED !!!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment